Maximize Your Projector's Potential With Go Universal
The Go Universal app transforms your iPhone or iPod touch projector into a supercharged multimedia center.
Go Universal works with any Apple compatible projector, including Brookstone, AAXA, 3M, Microvision, and many others. Add the features that you want to projectors that have limited capability. Project and share Facebook, the World Wide Web, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files.
Go Universal is available now on the Apple App Store.
Watch the Go Universal Features video to learn more:
What is the Go Universal app?
The Go Universal is a stand-alone app that is available in the App Store. The Go Universal app works with any Apple compatible projector. Compatible projectors include models from Brookstone, AAXA, 3M, Microvision, and many others.
What does the Go Universal app offer projector owners?
The Go Universal app was designed to add the features that you want to projectors that have limited capabilities. With the Go Universal app, you can project and share Facebook, YouTube Videos, the World Wide Web, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files. You can also share individual photos, pinch-and-zoom into photos, or add a custom music playlist to your slideshows.
What types of files can I project from the Go Universal app?
Word and text files
PowerPoint and presentation files
Images and picture files
Can I use the Go Universal app to project on a full-size projector, monitor, or TV?
Yes. You can project files, photos, videos, movies, and more to full-size projectors, monitors, and newer televisions using the Go Universal app. Make sure that you have an adapter that connects your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to the projector, monitor, or television that you want to project to. Most 30-pin male to VGA or HDMI female adapters will work with full-size projectors, monitors, and newer televisions. However, your device may require a specific adapter, so be sure to identify your adapter and cable needs before you attempt to connect your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to a full-size projector, monitor, or television.
Will the Go Universal app work with the iPhone 5?
Yes, you can download the Go Universal app to your iPhone 5 and use the app. Make sure that you have the appropriate cables and adapters to connect your iPhone 5 to your projector.
Can I use the Go Universal app on an iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPod touch (3rd Generation)?
No. Unfortunately, iOS restrictions prevent you from downloading and installing the app on your iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPod touch (3rd Generation).
Do I need to login to my account before projecting Facebook or other account-based sites?
Yes. You will only be able to project the login page until you sign in to an account-based site. After you sign in, you will be able to project your Facebook timeline, LinkedIn contacts, Netflix movies, or anything else that you have access to. If you do not have an account with a site you are trying to project, you will need to create one.
How do I add files to the Go Universal app in iTunes?
You can add files that you want to project to the Go Universal app in iTunes.
1. Make sure the Go Universal app is loaded on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad (iOS device).
2. Plug your iOS device into the computer or tablet that has iTunes installed.
3. Launch iTunes from your computer or tablet.
4. In iTunes, click on your iOS device.
5. Click Apps in the iTunes device menu.
6. Scroll down the page to File Sharing and Apps, then click on Go Universal.
7. Drag your file or files to the Go Universal Documents file list and drop them into the file list. Or, click the Add… button in the Go Universal Documents file list, navigate to the location where the file or files are that you want to add to the app, select the file or files, and then click Open. The files are added to the file list.
8. Connect the projector to your iOS device.
9. Launch the Go Universal app on your iOS device.
10. Touch the Documents feature in the Go Universal app and then touch the highlighted center Go. The Documents menu opens.
11. Touch the file you want to project from the list and power-on your projector if it is not on already.
How do I add image attachments to my iOS Camera Roll and project them?
You can add image attachments from the Apple Mail app to your iOS device’s Camera Roll and project them from the Go Universal app.
1. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Go Universal app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
2. Launch the Apple Mail app.
3. Open the email that contains the image attachment that you want to project.
4. Press and hold the image attachment icon in the email until the “Save to…” menu opens.
5. Touch the “Save to Camera Roll” icon. The image files are added to your Apple device photo list.
6. Connect your projector to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad if it is not already connected.
7. Launch the Go Universal app.
8. Touch the Photos feature in the Go Universal app and then touch the highlighted center Go image. The Photos menu opens.
9. Select the image file you added to your photo list and power-on your projector if it is not on already.
Why am I having trouble projecting photos in the Go Universal app?
When you launch the Photos feature in the Go Universal app and are prompted to “...Use your Current Location,” touch OK. This enables Location Services. Enabling Location Services solves many of the potential issues you might encounter when projecting photos. If you are using an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, or iPod touch (3rd generation), you must project through Apple's Photos app or the iPhoto app.
Note: The Go Universal app does not use location data in any way or directly access your GPS device. Location Services is a feature of your iPhone or iPod touch camera, not the Go Universal app. When you take a picture or a video, Location Services will save GPS data to the file so that other applications can show where it was taken. As a result, Apple requires users to authorize access to Location Services.
Why can't I project my iOS desktop?
Unfortunately, Apple has disabled the ability to project the iOS desktop on some generations of devices.
Why is the Go Universal app not recognizing my projector?
Your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad may not be connected to the projector correctly. Make sure the projector’s connector or connection cable is inserted firmly and completely into the connector on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Or, your projector may need to be reset. Try the following steps:
1. Detach your projector from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
2. Turn the projector off.
3. Reattach the projector to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
4. Turn the projector’s power back on.
5. Launch the Go Universal app.